Thursday, June 2, 2011

Natural Sun Burn Mask Recipe

{Thursday's By Tara} - A Thursday ritual. A featured post written by Tara; simple, special, extraordinary moments in soaping and life.

Sunshine and Summertime!
These two words bring to mind running through sprinklers in the yard, flying down a wet slip-n-slide, lazy days at the beach, and picnics with family and friends on The 4th of July.  My fondest memories growing up a Florida kid is of spending the long summer days in the yard with my cousins and because of the intense heat Florida provides, it ALWAYS involved water play.  It seems like more times than not I ended up with a pink nose and shoulders after spending too much time in the sun.  Sunscreen would have probably been a good idea, but I have learned from my time as a mom of 4 little boys, that it was probably nearly impossible for my mom to get me to slow down for 5 minutes to apply another coat.
So, I wanted to share with you a quick and easy mask you can whip up to soothe those sunburns and a few photos of my boys.

After spending time in the sun, and if your skin gets a little sunburned, a quick, no-cost and easy to make face pack will calm, soothe and help to improve appearance. You will look and feel softer and more even toned. This recipe is also great for acne prone skin.
Sunburned Mask:
Ingredients:
1 small potato, about 2-3 teaspoon of flour, a few drops of water as needed.
How to prepare:
Just take a grated peeled white potato and mix with enough white flour to make a consistency similar to pancake batter. Spread all over your face and wherever that needs a little soothing. Leave on for about 20-30 minutes and rinse off in cool water.
How to use:
Spread all over your face and wherever that needs a little soothing. Leave on for about 20-30 minutes and rinse off in cool water.
Results:
I use this often when my skin gets dry, dull or has been in the sun. My skin gets very soft and even toned.
I hope you enjoy your time spent outside in the beautiful sunshine this summer!

2 comments:

mama j said...

Love this idea! I visited a lavender farm in VA last week while on vacation and the owner gave me a sheet of paper listing TONS of things that lavender can be used for....add 1 drop of essential oil into 4 ounces of ICE COLD WATER into a spray bottle and spray on your sunburn.....I woulda never thought of that one! Soothing and smells.so.good! :)

Paula Parrish said...

Jessi,
That is a great TIP; I am going to try it out next time someone has a sunburn in my family.
Smiles, Paula